Prayer is a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity. Below are 24 of the best prayer quotes, taken from notable people like George Meredith, Mahatma Gandhi, John Bunyan. Hope you will like the following prayer quotes.
Prayer Quotes :
- “When you pray, rather let your heart be without words than your words without heart.” ~ John Bunyan
- “There are only two occasions when Americans respect privacy, especially in Presidents. Those are prayer and fishing.” ~Herbert Hoover
- “Any concern too small to be turned into a prayer is too small to be made into a burden.” ~Corrie ten Boom
- “Be thankful that God’s answers are wiser than your answers.” ~William Culbertson
- “Who rises from prayer a better man, his prayer is answered.” ~George Meredith
- “When at night you cannot sleep, talk to the Shepherd and stop counting sheep.”
- “I pray on the principle that wine knocks the cork out of a bottle. There is an inward fermentation, and there must be a vent.” ~Henry Ward Beecher
- “We cannot ask in behalf of Christ what Christ would not ask Himself if He were praying.” ~A.B. Simpson
- “God punishes us mildly by ignoring our prayers and severely by answering them.” ~Richard J. Needham
- “Call on God, but row away from the rocks.” ~Indian Proverb
Quotes For Praying :
- “To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.” ~Victor Hugo
- “And those who respond to their Lord and keep up prayer, and their rule is to take counsel among themselves, and who spend out of what We have given them. (The Counsel 42.38).” ~Quran
- “I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go.” ~Abraham Lincoln
- “When we pray to God we must be seeking nothing – nothing.” ~Saint Francis of Assisi
- “Prayer may not change things for you, but it for sure changes you for things.” ~Samuel M. Shoemaker
- “God can pick sense out of a confused prayer.” ~Richard Sibbes
- “My greatest weapon is mute prayer.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
- “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” ~Soren Kierkegaard
- “Many people pray as if God were a big aspirin pill, they come only when they hurt.” ~B. Graham Dienert
- “Prayer is the spirit speaking truth to Truth.” ~Philip James Bailey
- “Don’t pray when it rains if you don’t pray when the sun shines.” ~Satchel Paige
- “Prayer, among sane people, has never superseded practical efforts to secure the desired end.” ~George Santayana
- “Prayer is not merely an occasional impulse to which we respond when we are in trouble: prayer is a life attitude.” ~Walter A. Mueller
- “It is not well for a man to pray cream and live skim milk.” ~Henry Ward Beecher
9 thoughts on “24 Inspirational Prayer Quotes”
Itís nearly impossible to find knowledgeable people in this particular topic, but you sound like you know what youíre talking about! Thanks
I like how you explain stuff. How helpful!
Touche. Outstanding arguments. Keep up the great effort.
Just commenting to show my support. Your post is
well crafted Good job!
Valuable information. Lucky me I discovered your site accidentally,
and I am shocked why this coincidence did not came about in advance!
I bookmarked it.
Thanks for the marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
will eventually come back someday. I want to encourage one to
continue your great job, have a nice afternoon!
Pretty! This has been an extremely wonderful article.
Thanks for providing these details.